Turning over a new leaf?
Over the summer, I have been challenged by some faithful supporters to begin a blog again. I have also been encouraged by the weekly posts of some missionaries who are so faithful to send an update practically every week. To top it off, I had a conversation with an old friend--so blessed to be in touch with you again, Rebecca!--and she challenged me to ask God to help me write a SHORT update. See, the problem with me is that I sit down to write, and I feel like there's so much to say, that I have to write a book. Then, the next week, I think, "I don't have time to blog, because I know it will take me an hour or two." This has kept me from letter-writing, as well. I just don't write anything, because I write too much. And facebook is just too impersonal and wide-open for me. Soooo--I decided to take her up on her challenge. However, I will be using blogger instead of xanga, so that will be evolving for a few weeks, and then I will be switching over to that format. Part of that plan is for me to able to send the posts directly to your email or rss feed, so if you want to be put on the email list, please email me and I will do so. The plan is to update either Sat or Sun every week.
So, here is this weeks update:
We started off the week by heading to St. Louison Sunday eve to pick Tanya up from the airport. She was heading back from a wilderness-type retreat with great Christian speakers and team activities. She loved it—and it was nice to have the
3-hour drive home to hear all about it!
Monday night we had a great discussion with the youth about what it means to pray fervently. We are
still asking God how to apply that. Because of realizing the importance of intercessory prayer from that discussion, I would like to ask for prayer partners from among you, our friends and family, for each of our Bible study
participants. If you are interested, drop me a comment or email, and I will link you up.
In family activities this week—a day cleaning our healthy garden and canning peaches; an unplanned trip to the city pool, and supper outside on a cooler eve; a date night courtesy of my employers--a very nice meal at an old mill restaurant! Wonderful food, great conversation, and sharing goals and insights from BMA Convention!
One more thing—are there any ladies out there who would commit to praying for me on a daily basis? The
start of a new school year, the need for ladies’ ministry with local ladies, and balancing my family relationships and responsibilities, plus working away some, too--I do need someone to pray for wisdom for me!
Please continue to pray for our family and Potter’s House Chapel, as we seek to reach the lost in the Hills of MO!
So, here is this weeks update:
We started off the week by heading to St. Louison Sunday eve to pick Tanya up from the airport. She was heading back from a wilderness-type retreat with great Christian speakers and team activities. She loved it—and it was nice to have the
3-hour drive home to hear all about it!
Monday night we had a great discussion with the youth about what it means to pray fervently. We are
still asking God how to apply that. Because of realizing the importance of intercessory prayer from that discussion, I would like to ask for prayer partners from among you, our friends and family, for each of our Bible study
participants. If you are interested, drop me a comment or email, and I will link you up.
In family activities this week—a day cleaning our healthy garden and canning peaches; an unplanned trip to the city pool, and supper outside on a cooler eve; a date night courtesy of my employers--a very nice meal at an old mill restaurant! Wonderful food, great conversation, and sharing goals and insights from BMA Convention!
One more thing—are there any ladies out there who would commit to praying for me on a daily basis? The
start of a new school year, the need for ladies’ ministry with local ladies, and balancing my family relationships and responsibilities, plus working away some, too--I do need someone to pray for wisdom for me!
Please continue to pray for our family and Potter’s House Chapel, as we seek to reach the lost in the Hills of MO!
No comments:
Post a Comment