Another great week has passed by—and the theme that keeps coming back to the forefront in conversations and scheduling is ”keeping the focus on what’s really important in life.” This week we had some out-of-the-ordinary opportunities to spend time with people, and that is what really counts!
One of the privileges of being in rural Missouri is that you get to enjoy tea parties with other ladies now and then. Two of the young ladies in our church hosted a birthday tea for their mom’s birthday yesterday, and it was picture-perfect, as well as simply delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of spending the morning with ladies whom I love, and who love the Lord.
Meanwhile, Tanya and Melody took the other three children to town for our annual antique fair days—Tanya ran/walked the 5K fun run (a “first” for her), they ate breakfast at the firemen’s fundraiser, watched the parade, ate a picnic—had a great time, from what I heard.
Wed. eve brought our annual picnic with all the staff at Dutchman’s Store, and I enjoyed it even more this year! It is such a privilege to be a part of these people that we have come to know here, and I long to know how to be a blessing to them in ways that count for eternity. I pray daily for meaningful conversations with them.
In “plain old stuff”, we also put up corn on Wed. I had almost given up hope for corn, because the patch sold the corn we had reserved several weeks ago (quite distressing, I must say!). But Tues at work I discovered that we had gotten a small shipment in from mid-Iowa, and it was very sweet and had NICE ears. My boss cut me a good deal, and we happily put up 30+ pints; the Lord blessed, and we were done by 1:00. So what seemed like a bad deal several weeks ago, turned out to be a gift from God—nicer ears, nearly half the price, and on a weekday at that! Thanks, Father!
Prayer requests this week: wisdom in the new school year—both curriculum and scheduling; pray for D—a new believer who is struggling with his new understanding of Scripture and mistakes from his past; Stan (not his real name) to understand what it means to be a Christian. God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment